lpcware

Two questions regarding the virtual serial device (nxpusblib, lpc1788)

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TKoe on Mon Jul 09 05:58:26 MST 2012
Hello!

I am new to NXP uCs (and ARM processors in general) and to USB, so I was trying to use the VirtualSerialDevice example from the current version of nxpusblib.
Compiling and programming went well and (after installing the driver) I do have a virtual serial port available in HTerm.

However when I sent any byte of data I got a not ending stream of reply data. I fixed that with the small patch from Vu Nguyen (http://lpcware.com/content/forum/nxpusblib-dualvirtualserial-example#comment-1419). Now I can send single bytes just fine and get the correct response. But when sending multiple bytes I get wrong data back (e.g. sending "123", receiving "11").
How would I fix that?

Also I have a general question about the baud rate. It didn't seem to matter which baud rate setting I chose in HTerm. Everything worked like above. From 300 baud to 15 Mbaud (which is faster than Full-Speed USB). Also I can't seem to find a setting for that in the nxpusblib.
The documentation (or at least the parts that I read) didn't say anything about that either.
Can someone explain how I can set the actual speed of that port? And what is the maximum possible?

Best regards,
Tim

Outcomes