AudioOutputDevice works in keil examples but give distorted sound in lpcexpresso examples

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AudioOutputDevice works in keil examples but give distorted sound in lpcexpresso examples

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lundburgerr on Fri Apr 12 08:28:21 MST 2013

Compiling and running the usb audioOutputDevice example works great both on keil and on red suite 5 (using lpcexpresso examples), with one exception.

On red suite 5 the sound gets distorted in some way and I cannot find out why. I also noticed that I cannot get DEBUGOUT function to work in the lpcexpresso examples either but it works on the keil examples. (e.g the i2s example)

Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious, does it work fine for anyone else?
And also is it correct that the only differences between the keil examples and the lpcexpresso examples are the startup-files?

To be specific I am using the keil mcb1857 board.

Thanks in advance //Robin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lundburgerr on Thu Apr 25 02:46:49 MST 2013

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late reply, didn't go to work last week.
Setting USB_FORCED_FULLSPEED to 1 in the LPCUSBlibConfig.h file fixed issue with the distorted sound in the audioOutput device example.

As for the other issues, they seemed to resolve themselves with a fresh build not sure what I did so that they wouldn't work.
Thanks alot for your help!

//Robin 

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tuong on Mon Apr 15 01:04:00 MST 2013

Hi,

Did you set USB_FORCED_FULLSPEED to 1? This example can only run in full speed.

About the DEBUGOUT, please make sure you called Board_Debug_Init(), this set UART3 as debug printing port, before calling DEBUGOUT("").

If those above checks do not give expected result, then please do a fresh build! This example must run out of box as I observed!

With best regards,

0 Kudos