Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example of functioning as USB host and device on the same project

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by paulo on Thu Jul 12 11:08:28 MST 2012
Hi,

Does anyone have an example for LPCXpresso base board of USB acting as host and device while it can also be one at a time in rotation?

Thanks for any help.

Paulo D.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ngraum on Mon Sep 10 17:02:40 MST 2012
Is there an expected timeline yet for this release? I am starting a project that will be using a high-speed Host+Host configuration on an LPC18xx.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by drs on Fri Jul 13 16:42:07 MST 2012
I'm afraid that the current release of nxpUSBlib is not able to be built in both host mode and device mode. You must pick one or the other.

Regards,
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by paulo on Fri Jul 13 11:22:15 MST 2012
OK!

Actually I need is it to operate alternately, either as host and once as a device, but not at the same time.
I do not want to use as OTG (On-The-Go), I have two different connectors, one USB type A and one USB type micro B.
I want to run-time option for nxpUSBLib to operate as a device and another time operate as host.
How do I do this?

Thank you!

Paul D.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxpUSBlib team on Fri Jul 13 10:48:39 MST 2012
We have On-The-Go examples for those parts that supports it if that is what you mean.

Also we plan to add support for simultaneous controller operation (Host+Host, Host+Device, Device+Device) to a future version of nxpUSBlib for those parts with multiple controllers on board.
0 Kudos