lpcware

USB_Error_Event parameter explanation/ request for ROM symbols for debugging

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Content originally posted in LPCWare by twiddle on Mon Jun 15 06:51:13 MST 2015
So I've managed to cobble together a USBD/Rom-based implementation for my custom LPC11u35-based development board.
Both hw->Init and hid->Init, as well as hw->connect, appear to work fine, but my device apparently still doesn't respond properly to a device descriptor request. USB_Error_Event gets called, with a value of 0x8 for its parameter. The documentation indicates that this is 'device interrupt status register' value, but I'm having a hard time interpreting how to respond to this. If I interpret correctly, looking at the UM for my part, 0x8 corresponds to the EP1_IN interrupt register being set, but I'm at a loss for what I should be doing. Given that this is inside my *error* handler, am I supposed to interpret this as saying there was an error while responding to the EP1_IN request? I'd have expected these codes to be a little bit more helpful with isolating the issue, if that is the case.

On these lines, is there any chance I could get the debug symbols for the ROM API, like TI gives with their chips that have the API? It would make debugging my own code much easier if I could at least have some idea of what the ROM libraries are doing.

In any event, I've attached my project. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Original Attachment has been moved to: HIDPrototype.zip

Outcomes