cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpc4337 USB connect to multiple devices

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jhall0819 on Thu Feb 06 09:47:32 MST 2014
I am using the LPC4337 in a USB application that needs to connect via USB0 (host) port to 4 downstream devices. My board has a Cypress CY7C65632 hub controller connected to USB0. I have used LPCopen examples for a single device connected to USB1 - works fine. questions:

1. Does the N_PORTS field (fixed a 1) in the HCSPARAMS register indicate the USB controller only supports 1 down stream device.

2. If so is there a software workaround to support multiple device.

3. Can anybody recommend another library or application note that would show how to support multiple devices

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by waltwallach on Sat Mar 08 12:22:45 MST 2014
I am looking for a guide, not to use the code as is. I need to extend existing code to support hubs. So messy is ok.

I am using lpc1837_xpresso.

Thanks
Walt
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tinyusb on Fri Mar 07 21:28:14 MST 2014

Quote: waltwallach
I would like to see your inerim code for hub mounting.

It is quite messy currently, I am doing quite a restructure. It will take some time to do a merge back to public repo.
BTW, what is your evaluation board ?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by waltwallach on Fri Mar 07 14:02:09 MST 2014
I would like to see your inerim code for hub mounting.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tinyusb on Thu Feb 13 22:16:04 MST 2014
1. USB controller can support as many devices as the USB specs say. I have already get hub working with lpc43xx successfully
2. There is no need for walkaround, but you need to implement hub driver for enumeration
3. I am actually writing my own lib for usb that support the hub, it is due to release in the next couple months (actually it should be already released, but I got stuck into many things lately and have no time to do it.)

If you could not hang on that long, I can send/upload the interim version just for testing the hub mounting.
0 Kudos