Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nxpUSBlib IAR port

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tepytec on Wed May 09 03:54:35 MST 2012
Does anyone know status of nxpUSBlib IAR port? Project page informed that it would be in progress.
It would be nice to know some kind of roadmap (Weeks, months or years?).

I tried porting version 0.94 myself. BSP seemed to be somewhat possible to port, but with the actual library I ran into some trouble. Mostly with type/object attributes (weak, packed, aligment...) as they seem to require extensive source file editing to work, and also with compiler symbol defines as I'm not really sure which of them are needed.

Anyone else tried porting?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxpUSBlib team on Wed Sep 19 14:25:26 MST 2012
Limited IAR support means:

Only GenericHID, MassStorageClass Device, and VirtualSerial example projects were created
All boards are supported except for LPCXpresso, MCB1800, and MCB4300
Only limited testing has been done, not on every combination
Readme.txt files have not been updated to reflect IDE configurations and build instructions

We had not originally planned to include full IAR support in this release but since it was already in there we decided to announce it in this way. Consider it experimental.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fcarlo on Tue Sep 18 07:27:29 MST 2012
IAR is partially supported in the latest version of the library (0.97, 09/18/2012).

http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/nxpusblib-v097

Is there anyone that could explain the meaning of the "Limited IAR support" put in the disclaimer?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxpUSBlib team on Tue Jun 12 10:08:43 MST 2012
This is the next major feature we plan for the library and hope to have it done sometime next month. Apologies for the delays on this one, we've been busy with other more long term features.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tepytec on Tue Jun 12 00:08:28 MST 2012
I haven't yet found any additional news on the project. Let's hope that nxpUSBlib team notices this thread, as they seem to have had some activity recently one other threads.
For me some vague time plan would be sufficient to know if I should wait for it or not.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fcarlo on Mon Jun 11 06:14:47 MST 2012
Is there any news about the status of nxpUSBlib IAR port?
0 Kudos