AnsweredAssumed Answered

Least effort Full-Speed USB on LPC1788

Question asked by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 by Gray Girling
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TKoe on Wed Jul 11 07:01:06 MST 2012
Hello!

The last few days I've been working with the nxpusblib. Getting the HID and VirtualSerial examples working was not a problem, but both of them didn't really do what I wanted to do: having a data throughput of ~1.5 MB/sec.
It was pretty obvious that it wouldn't work with the HID example and after reading up on USB's Communication Device Class I can get the virtual serial port only to about 128 kB/sec.

The thing is, I have absolutely no idea about Windows driver development and tried to evade that as it would require quite some work to get into. Is there some way to get to Full-Speed without having to develop a device-specific Windows driver myself? (unfortunately, using libusb-win32 or libusbk is not an option :-/)

But even if I can't get around writing a driver: Which would be the best USB device class to choose? Does that even matter when you're writing your own driver?

Also:
The nxpusblib wants to configure the PLLs for me and I don't really like hacking around in libraries. How do I stop it from doing that in a clean way?

Regards,
Tim

Outcomes