lpcware

LCD Controller issues

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bunrockter on Mon Sep 03 23:24:13 MST 2012
I am trying to get the LCD controller up and going on my LPC4350. I found a data sheet for the driver that is in the TFT display I am using (Newhaven) and I have set up the timing according to those values.

It is a 24 bpp model, but since the Hitex eval board doesn't have enough ram, I am running it in 16 bpp mode. I am sure the data lines don't match up, but I should still be able to get an image, the colors should just be off. Am I correct on that?

Anyways, I haven't been able to get an image on the LCD, so I decided to take a capture of the signals. My device doesn't have a very big buffer, so it is just the first line. However, I noticed that every time there is a pulse on the Hsync line that the enable line drops as well, is this the normal behavior?

I haven't had much experience with LPC MCUs, any help would be greatly appreciated. I will also attach the wave form. It is missing the clock, because it fills up the buffer pretty fast.

Thanks,

Bun

Attachments

Outcomes