Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP RFID-Card RC663 and Distance

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by t9cpu on Mon Jul 21 00:09:06 MST 2014
Hello !

If this is not the right place sorry... but maybe someone can help me.
I have the NXP RC663 RFID Card and the Antenna is now OK. The Smith-Diagramm shows me I'm near the Point 1 and the Swr shows me a relation from 1.1:1. So I think this is OK. To read the UID is no Problem from a distance like 3 cm. But the LPCD-detection is not very well. A distance from 2-3mm is necessary to detect a card. And also not every time a card is detected.
Is there someone who has experience with it and can help me ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Sergio29 on Sun Dec 07 23:37:10 MST 2014
Hi t9cpu

You are right

Today, always waiting for NXP help and solutions, I think what LPCD function on MFRC630 or CLRC663 NXP Mifare component is virtually unusable for using it in low power with non-rechargeable batteries.
I think it's the only  reason to use LPCD function, is'nt it ?

A lot of parameters make it to fail (such has temperature variation)

6 month ago I start working on those problems and today I haven't found a really good solution.

I contact NXP via EBV for this problems 5 months ago with all explanations and I have transmit   my schematic and board design with only this answer "All works fine, no one experiencing this problem" !!!!!

You can just verify this problems with the red evaluation board !
Sometimes it detect without card presence
Sometime at 1 cm
Sometime at 2 cms
Sometime there is no more detection

It's changing day to day.

Try to reduce Rxp ans Rxn resistor in your design, I decrease it from 15k Ohm to 10K or 8K for better results
(Always assuming that  RXp and RXp does not exceed max level)
But variations of card detection stay here...

What board do you use ?
Can you send to me your documentation if it's your own design board, I will do it too if you want.

If you plan tu use LPCD using non-rechargeable batteries, keep in mind that erronous detection will use  80 to 100 ma on power supply during Request command (40ms) to verify presence of the card !
I have used software solution to resolve this other problem but it's not really the good solution...

Exepted the LPCD function, this component works very fine

Happy to read you

Serge

0 Kudos