cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN communication error in receiving the databytes

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nirav_bhatt07@yahoo.in on Fri Aug 29 20:57:52 MST 2014
hello,
        i am  using lpc4357 board provided by nxp (philips)....on the other hand i have an lpc17xx board,from  last few days i have been working for data transfer between these two boards via a CAN BUS.....i am using C_CAN0 peripheral in lpc4357 board ....it is working fine for the transmitting the databytes from lpc43xx to lpc17xx board....somehow i am not receiving the data or  any kind of interrupt on receiving end....i have tested lpc17xx board with other nodes it is working perfect ......i guess it is problem with the lpc43xx board while reception of the databytes...anybody please help me to crack this problem.....and suggest me a sample code for the C_CAN0 peripheral Tx and Rx....
             thanks....
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nirav_bhatt07@yahoo.in on Thu Oct 16 02:04:15 MST 2014
thanks for reply,
                             no i m not overclocking the CAN peripheral clock frequency. I have applied only 12MHZ OF periphetal frequency for that C_CAN0 peipheral. i have already refered that link you have listed above....it may be another issue that i m facing while reception of the data.....

Regards,...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nirav_bhatt07@yahoo.in on Thu Oct 16 02:00:05 MST 2014
thanks for reply,
                             no i m not overclocking the CAN peripheral clock frequency. I have applied only 12MHZ OF periphetal frequency for that C_CAN0 peipheral. i have already refered that link you have listed above....it may be another issue that i m facing while reception of the data.....

Regards,...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by starblue on Wed Oct 15 06:53:29 MST 2014
You aren't overclocking it, are you?

http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/can-errata-lpc4337
http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/problems-ccan-bt-configuration#comment-1023290

Jürgen
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by St.Nicholas on Wed Oct 15 06:02:02 MST 2014
Hi Friends,

I have a similar problem. The LPCOPEN example works with specific IDs, but not any other.
I have CAN0 transmitting and CAN1 receiving. Only for specific message IDs the data transfer occurs. It seems to be a problem of acceptance filtering.
Tried everything I could think off with masking and arbitration registers, but I have not found a working solution as yet.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers, Nicholas
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nirav_bhatt007 on Mon Sep 01 20:41:31 MST 2014
yes, i have already tried the LPCopen source code, it is working fine for the BASIC , LOOPBACK mode and also transmission of the data bytes to the other peripheral on lpc17xx board, but somehow i am not managing to get the interuupt while i m receving the data from that lpc17xx board. i will be thankful to u if u send me the link for the runnig code for receiving datas from other nodes or you plzz send me the code in my e-mail adress : nirav_bhatt07@yahoo.in.
Regards,
                               Nirav Bhatt
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by xianghuiwang on Mon Sep 01 18:39:30 MST 2014
Hi, have you tried to use the can sample project from the LPCOpen package?
Regards,
0 Kudos