cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Communication with NXP JN5168 module

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rafaelmd on Thu May 29 07:17:59 MST 2014
Hi there,

I am trying to program and communicate with the JN5168 Module but I am not getting any response at all. I have connected pins TXD0 and RXD0, from  the UART0 interface, to an FTDI cable which is connected to the USB port of a computer.

After doing some research, I found out that the folks from the Meshbee project (http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Mesh_Bee), which uses the same module, are using the UART1 interface to program the module. So, I am not sure if I can only use the UART1 for programming, the NXP documentation is not very clear about how to do it.

Apparently, the NXP forum is offline so I hope you guys can shed some light on this matter.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

dheerajsawant
Contributor V

Hello Mario Ignacio Castaneda Lopez

Thank You for your reply. 

i have send you screenshot of example code, error, and console window. 

what i have done.

1)import code as per pdf explanation on JN-UG-3098 on page number 26.

2) as i open code it's show so many error. (please check image)

3)As is showing error still i compile code and you can check console box. 

4)i have try few more example like JN-AN-1162/1123/1172/1171 but result is same.

5) i reinstall beyond studio(4165) and tool chain(4141)

JenNet-IP|NXP  from this website..

6) In problem window its shows so many error.

some header files are missing its not present in included file or C drive.

Please help.

updated.png 

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dheeraj,

3)As is showing error still i compile code and you can check console box.

What is the app note that you are trying to compile? The screen that you attached.

Can you compile this application note JN-AN-1162?

Note: The errors you are seeing is Eclipse not being able to resolve various variable and functions within the SDK. But you can compile without problems.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

dheerajsawant
Contributor V

Hello friends, 

this is my first reply to nxp community, i want to flash programmer link to download. 

if anyone know how to download flash programmer for jn5168. 

Then please let me know.

waiting for your reply.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dheeraj,

Please download the JN-SW-4107 and follow the link below for the user guide

Support Resources for JN516x MCUs|NXP 

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/JN-UG-3007.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=8&pageNum=1 

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Mario

dheerajsawant
Contributor V

Hello Sir, 

Thank you for your reply.

i have install beyond studio JN-SW-4141 and JN-SW-4165.

now  i am trying to compile example like JN-AN-1162.  

but its not compiling, giving so many error. 

please help me out. 

if you have any example that i can directly import and successfully compile then please let me know. 

i am waiting for your reply.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dheeraj,

I'm sorry for this. 

The errors you are seeing is Eclipse not being able to resolve various variable and functions within the SDK.

But, could you please check the console, and you will see all the process without the errors.

Please let me know if you still have this problems.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andreac on Thu May 19 03:06:25 MST 2016
Hi,
same problem here.
Just bought two jn5168-001-m00z from farnell and did a lot of trials following the suggestions found in this thread (and in a bunch of other places around the net) but nothing happens.

One weird thing is that document JN-AN-1003 "JN51xx Boot Loader Operation" says that if the bootloader can't find an application in internal flash, then it looks for an application on the external flash, connected via SPI. I monitored the SPICLK but it is stuck high.
Maybe it's because there's no bootlader? And if it's the case, the only way to use these modules is by using a Jtag programmer?

Thanks,
Andrea
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Jannibal on Thu Oct 01 13:29:58 MST 2015
Connect the FTDI cable, if the reset and spimiso pins get buttons, you have to press spimiso (clear) and hold, press (clear) reset and release (set), then release (set) spimiso. after that you enter to program mode. Good luck.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Keoni on Mon Sep 07 13:02:45 MST 2015
Does any one got a solution??
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fariborz on Tue Apr 07 05:03:30 MST 2015
Hi
I have recently try to program JN5168 but It does not work properly.
I have put a switch to Pin 3 DO1/MISO to ground it and also a reset switch to Pin 22 (RESETN) and also VCC and Ground to pins 17,18 but it does not work.
It works randomly!! I have programed it one time only and Flash Programmer recognised it and download the program that time but not after that.
Is there any clue what I should do?
Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Nov 03 06:31:54 MST 2014
Suggest you try getting support via http://www.jennic.com/index.php

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bkrajendra on Mon Nov 03 05:04:30 MST 2014
hi @rafaelmd is your problem solved? I'm also trying to program JN5168. I've even ordered Meshbee but not able to program it.
Meshbee people uses UartBee to program it. can any one tell about minimum pin required for programming interface.?
I even have problem installing Jennic SDK. SDK with eclips not working even after configuring everything properly. It gives error JENIC_PCB not defined. Please help!!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by xianghuiwang on Fri Jun 20 15:57:41 MST 2014
Hi,
Both uart0 and uart1 should work.
Uart0 can also do flow control.
Make sure you connect the ground to the FTDI cable as well.
Regards,
0 Kudos