LI_Dave

MCF5223X EZ Port Tools

Discussion created by LI_Dave on Apr 28, 2008
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 by Oliver Betz
I'm struggling with a dilemma on how to provide field updates for an MCF5223X based design.  I'd really like to be able to load new code without going through the trouble of a boot loader.  I also don't want to have to give out JTAG probes.  The EZPORT seems like the best solution.  I should be able to create a low pincount rugged interface that can load an entire image.  The problem is that there doesn't seem to be much in the way of third party tools out there...   Ideally I'd like a simple USB to EZport dongle that ran with CF Flasher.  Is anybody aware of such a thing?  Has anybody else used the EZPORT for field upgrades?    I'd be happy to create the hardware for the dongle and share it if I could get PC side software support. 

Another possibility is to make a programming dongle that takes a USB thumb drive.   This way you could update units without a PC.   Just plug a the USB thumb drive in one side and the target EZport in the other and away you go.   I'm kind of surprised this hasn't come up already.   Appreciate any comments.

Regards,
Dave

Outcomes