cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PEmicro Error 14

drp
Contributor I
Hi Everyone,
I have noticed that this request has been posted several times, but I have yet to see an answer to it. Does anyone know how to solve the issue of "Error 14?" While attempting to debug or program my chip (MC13213) using the PEmicro system, I consistently get Error 14. Occasionaly, I get Error 34 or 35. I have no idea what could be causing this as there is no documentation about it. All I know is that it is having trouble loading the .s8p file, which I cannot find and have no idea what it is talking about. Thanks for your help!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi drp,

Have you seen this thread?
Do you get correct trim calculation?
Have you checked the BKGD line?
The other error only reinforce the suggestion that something is interfering with the ability to connect in background mode so reset BKGD and power supply are the places to look.

0 Kudos

drp
Contributor I
yes, it appears to have something to do with the power supply. We are currently attempting to figure out how to seperate the LED Drivers that are causing power issues to the chip.
Thank you for your help.
0 Kudos

fabio
Contributor IV
I am not sure it is only related to the power supply.

I am experiencing some really strange problems since I upgraded my desktop computer (from an old Athlon 2.6Ghz with 512MiB of RAM to a newer Athlon 64 x2 5600+ with 2GiB of RAM).

After the upgrade I simply cannot program/debug QD/QG/QE devices (both on our application boards and demoboards) using the USB Multilink Rev. C v5.72. Everytime I try to program a device I get an "Error 14" message telling me that there was an error during the loading of the programming algorithm (and always at the same address: 0x00006D).

The most strange is that sometimes I can succesfully program/debug (no error). In fact, I could succesfully program/debug these devices for a couple of weeks after the upgrade, but then, suddenly I started getting these error messages and I can't program/debug anymore.

And before someone say: yes, I tried other computers and I can program/debug on other computers. The problem is only happening on my desktop. My notebook (an Intel Core Duo) can succesfully program/debug any device/demoboard.

I tried CW6.0 and CW6.1, tried some newer programming algorithms supplied by P&E Micro, tried upgrading the USB host controller drivers, tried configuring the USB controller to work in USB 1.1 mode only, all without success.

Right now I am waiting for a solution from P&E Micro (and considering to throw the desktop through the window!).

Best regards,
0 Kudos

fabio
Contributor IV
Hello folks,

It looks like the people at P&E Micro managed to correct the "error 14" issue I reported (thanks to Zahar). It looks like that some dual-core AMD machines have an issue related to performance counters counting downwards (instead of the expected upwards), leading the communication to timeout unexpectadly.

Best regards,
0 Kudos

fabio
Contributor IV
According to Zahar (P&E Micro) this issue and others (such as the ICS trimming issue) will be corrected in CW 6.2 which is supposed to be released by the end of May.

Best regards,

0 Kudos