cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64bit addressing in Zigbee Mesh Network

wareagle
Contributor I
Hello,
I'm having an issue with a small test mesh network.  I've got 2 SRB's (both routers) and an NCB.  SRB1 joins to the NCB, then I turn permitJoinStatus off, and join SRB2 to SRB1.  Now I am able to communicate from SRB2 to NCB (using NWK address), but the NCB cannot respond to SRB2 (using Ieee address).  However, the NCB is able to communicate to SRB1 (using Ieee address).  Is what I'm trying to do possible, or does the Ieee address need to be converted to a NWK address before it can be sent via multi-hop?  I was assuming/hoping this was being done somewhere below the application layer.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

almontr
Contributor I
Thanks for your reply, Mads.

Do you have to use the address request functions to populate the addressMap, or can it be done through an equivalent ASL/ZDP function of something like APS_AddToAddressMap(zbIeeeAddr_t aExtAddr)?
0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
Almontr,

you need to use the ZDP functions.

If you could use the APS_Add.. function you already have both the 16 and 64 bit address in your Application, which means there is no reason to communicate using the 64 bit address, which all of this not applicaple.

Br,
Mads
0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
wareagle,
If you read the ZigBee specification you are see that the network layer ONLY sends on a 16 bit address.

the APS layer has the responsibility to convert the 64 bit address into a 16 bit address. if the destination address is not a child or a parent. It must be located in the AddressMap.

The addressMap is populated when the zdp nwk/ieee addr requests are used.
So you need to make sure the stack has the information it needs to resolve the address lookup by using these primitives.

Br,
Mads
0 Kudos