cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB BLUETOOTH with MC9S08JM60

xasaua_7
Contributor I
Hello everybody!
I´m trying to make a project. I have DEMOJM so I wanna use a USB BLUETOOH MODULE but.....I need a lot of help!!!!

-I´ve try to find some similar examples to mine. somebody have heard something like this?
-Where can I find a example?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

fabio
Contributor IV
A USB bluetooth adapter needs to be plugged into a USB host. The S08JM can't operate as a USB host. You will need a USB host capable device (such as the new Coldfire v1 JM devices).

Moreover, by using a USB host capable MCU, you will also need to write appropriate drivers to be able to communicate with such USB BT device.

As Jeffs said, there are other options for bluetooth devices (such as serial BT adapters).

Best regards,
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Well, it is not clear what he is trying to do, but what Jeff said is true in this sense. A module like the BlueSMiRF is a serial port on one side and blue tooth on the other, allowing it to connect to any blue tooth device that supports a serial link.

Also, with the CF chip the JM EVB board can do OTG, means it can be a USB host. You would have write the stack that you needed, but it could be done.

( I actually think that the DEMOJM board can do this is as well, since the one with cold fire comes with a 1G memory stick, so I think it can to OTG as well.)

0 Kudos

JeffS_
Contributor I
First of all what is it you wish to do with Blue Tooth?

As far as I know, you will have to interface a BT module to the jm chip.
For example, there are blue tooth modules that are serial ports, and use the com port emulation on the pc side. However, there are blue tooth stacks for all sorts of devices.

No, I doubt you will find sample code that does exactly what you want.

0 Kudos