How to use Burner.exe with .S19 file??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Burner.exe with .S19 file??

AkellaANand
Contributor I
I was trying to download the S19 using HIWAVE through P&E BDM but could not download the file into the target.

Now i'm trying to use the Burner.exe . My burner.bbl file looks like this

/* logical s-record file */
OPENFILE "F:\anand.s19"
format=motorola
busWidth=1
origin=0
len=0x1000000
destination=0
SRECORD=Sx
SENDBYTE 1 "F:\anand.s19"
CLOSE

Now tell me the further steps to burn the s19 file into my target using burner.exe.i have attached my s19 file and actual burner.bbl file

Do i need to change the current working folder or show the path of the project.ini ??

i have tried out to show the path of the bbl file and following message i have got in the burner window.

Generating output...
ERROR B1000: Could not open 'output file' 'F:\anand.s19'
Failure!
Finished!
*** command line: '-Ns -f=F:\burner.bbl' ***
Burner: *** Error occurred while processing! ***

Or i need to write the command line in the Burner option setting?? .

Please reply me as soon as possible.

Thanks
Anand Akella

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Burner will only send data to a com port.
From the help file:
"Output from the burn process usually goes to a PROM burner connected to the serial port. Output also may be redirected to a file written in either Intel Hex format, as Freescale S-Records or as plain binary"

You do use hiwave to burn an .s19 file to a P&E bdm. It does work , I have done it many times.
I am away from the lab right now, so I can not give a complete step by step, but here is an out line of what you need to do:
Under the "Component" Menu item select  "Set Connection" you will be asked to select the chip you are burning and it will try and connect.

Select "Load".
Select s19 for the file type and browse to the file you wish to burn.
Be sure the check the box "Automatically erase and Program Flash and EEPROM"
The click "Load Code".

You should be able to save this configuration in an ini file.
Remember that the .s19 file does not know anything about the connection method or chip you are using, so you must specific these.

I may have missed something here, but this a generally what you have to do. If you still can't figure it out, tomorrow I will post an exact step by step.

Message Edited by JimDon on 2008-04-10 01:36 PM
0 Kudos