cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot loader for 5251

Lord_Avon
Contributor I
Dear all,

I'm interested in finding out if it's possible to get a boot loader for the 5251 eval board. It has no network card, so booting from a network device is a no go. But it does have an SD card slot.

What I'd *LOVE* is to be able to build a linux filesystem on an SD card, pop it into the 5251 board and then get the bootloader in flash to boot from it and load up my newly compiled/tweaked linux system.

This *should* be possible shouldn't it? or is this never going to happen?

If not, is there another way of getting a new build of an OS into the board other than through serial? the 15-20 minute wait for download each time I want to test is a *REAL* pain.

Paul
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ShenLi
Contributor I
Hi,Paul
Yes, the dBUG boot linux from serial com is painful, but it is only for development stage. The dBUG support gzip file and allow you store your linux gzip image into the flash. And everytime power up the board, the dBUG can unzip the image into sdram and run it. I do not know if it can release your pain.
0 Kudos

Lord_Avon
Contributor I
Shen,

Many thanks, I guess for the moment that will be good enough.
Is there a way of mounting an SD card using the current Linux BSP? I assume it can be mounted just like a standard ATA device?

Paul
0 Kudos

ShenLi
Contributor I
Paul
I am afraid M5251 does not have SD Linux Driver currently. But we do will release the driver for it .

Shen Li
0 Kudos

Lord_Avon
Contributor I
Please let us (and me) know when this is done.
i was going to try the 5445 linux, but I've not been able to download it.

Many thanks,
Paul
0 Kudos