cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star network using the PAN4555

phlp
Contributor III
Hi all,

Has anyone successfully used the PAN4555 in a star network using preferably the Beestack codebase? If so, any help will be appreciated.

Philip
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Mads
Contributor V
phip,

the easist thing you can do it simply to install the codebase patch panasonic supplies. then you do not have to port the platform software your self:

you can find the link on this web page :

Just find panasonic listing under beekit plug-ins.

Br,
Mads
0 Kudos

phlp
Contributor III
Thanks for the reply Mads.

I've already installed the patch. Unfortunately the beestack patch Panasonic provides does not include a star network template. I used on of the other templates and have the system working. The template I'm using originally was meant for a single end node and receiver node. However I require a star network configuration. I have simply added more end nodes (each with a different PAN ID) and they usually connect to the receiver (coordinator). Thus I kind of have a star network working using the Beestack codebase. However there are few problems (e.g. sometimes a end node disconnects after a while) and I'm not sure if the problems are due to the fact that I'm using a template which is not meant for a star network configuration or something else. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Philip
0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
Phlp,

First of all, the Beestack does not come with any Star network template. this is the MAC  that has this template. In Beestack have a complete mesh networking solution and you do not need any special template for setting up the network portion.

Panasonic have very recently updated their patchs to support the latest version of Beekit and also now includes an patch the the MAC 1.0.3 codebase.

I would recommend that you make sure you got the latest version of the Beekit (www.freescale.com) and the latest version of the panasonic patch. And try out the MAC codebase to find the MyStarNetwork demo.

BR,
Mads

0 Kudos

phlp
Contributor III
I was not aware Panasonic released a new PAN4555 patch (it still says version 1.0.2 on their website). However, the zip file contains patches upto version 1.0.5.

Is there a way to update BeeKit?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
Just go to www.freescale.com/zigbee and download the latest beekit.

Br,
mads
0 Kudos