Stand Alone S19 programming w/ USB Multilink

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand Alone S19 programming w/ USB Multilink

AkellaANand
Contributor I
I am using MC9S12C64 Microcontroller ie on HCS12. For the Stand Alone S19 programming using P&E Multilink (BDM) , i have followed the below procedure.

>For low volume programming applicatons, you could always launch the debugger without the IDE and it will >first program the selected *.s19 file into the part without re-compiling or assembling.
> Here is what I do:
>Create a shortcut to Hiwave.exe and add this to the target link:

>"C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for HC08 V5.1\prog\hiwave.exe" C:\myfile.s19 -Target=HCS08OpenSourceBDM

>Now double clicking on the Hiwave shortcut you created will launch the Hiwave debugger and program >"myfile.s19" into the device attached to the HCS08OpenSourceBDM.

>You can change this to P&E's debugger, if that's the one you use.

I'm facing the following problem while double clicking the shortcut file.
 1) It say cannot find the HCS12OpenSourceBDM

2) Error while wrtting to C000..C200
    information: No memory at the address

The following path i have specified for the target file:
"C:\Program Files\Freescale\CW for HC12 V4.5\prog\hiwave.exe" F:\P&E_Multilink_CyclonePro.abs.s19 -Target=HCS12OpenSourceBDM

please reply me what is the problem with method.

Anand
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AkellaANand
Contributor I
I found the mistake ,i was specifying the wrong path.

The path specified was :
"C:\Program Files\Freescale\CW for HC12 V4.5\prog\hiwave.exe" F:\P&E_Multilink_CyclonePro.abs.s19  -Target=icd12.tgt

Now the problem is that it is asking to select the Controller. Then the hiwave is not erasing the flash of the microcontroller.I want to know the command line arguments for erasing the flash and burning the code in the target.

0 Kudos

Zahar
Contributor IV
Akella,

There is a FLASH programming utility that P&E sells called prog12z. It supports programming FLASH via USB ML 12 and Cyclone Pro interface in interactive as well as automated commandline modes.

You can find more information about this product at:
http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=49&menu_id=details&CFID=880715&CF...

Please let us know if you have anymore questions.

Best Regards,
Zahar
P&E
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
I stated in my directions you will need to select the MCU to be used as the s19 file does not have this information. You can save the ini, and perhaps specify on the command line which ini file to use.

Are you using HCS12OpenSourceBDM or P&E BDM?

0 Kudos

AkellaANand
Contributor I
i am Using the BDM and After selecting the Mircocontroller MC9S12C64 then the flash is not getting erased and also the source code is not getting loaded in the Micro Controller.
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Please describe the exact steps are are performing.
This does work fine.

0 Kudos