Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from code warrior IDE 4.02 to CW IDE 8.3

Jump to solution
dipikakamat
Contributor I

Hi all,

I had used code warrior ide 4.02 along with SDK ver 2.4 to build and compile the code.(10yrs ago).Now this IDE is archived.I managed to get it from the freescale support.Both the IDE and the SDK(used for DSP56F805 MCU) were successfully installed.Hovewer,it gave me a licessing error "a valid license key is not found in license.dat file".

Due to this issue,I am planning to migrate the code from IDE version 4.02 to IDE version 8.3 which supports this controller.

I would like to know which SDK will be used for this IDE that wil support DSP56F805.

Will the migration affect any of the code files eg arch.h, port.h?

Please help me resolve the first issue of licensing and also in the migration of the code.

Thanks you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dipika

For the license issue, I would suggest submitting a case. It's better under case process for private license details.

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-330215

The SDK was designed for the DSP5.1 and DSPE2.1, and is not used for many years. We use Processor Expert to replace SDK from CodeWarrior 6.0.

If you have SDK installed on your PC, you need not to change your source code in CodeWarrior 8.3. You can go on using the source code in SDK, the only thing you need to do is to add the access path in the project for your SDK source code.

a) Open the CodeWarrior 8.3 and click Edit menu followed by selecting Preference item;

b) Click "Source Trees" under "General" panels on the left;

c) In the Name edit box, enter: Embedded SDK Source

d) Click "Choose" button and select the path to the src subfolder of the SDK installation directory;

e) Click "Add" button followed by clicking Apply button;

f) Load your old SDK project and rebuild it.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dipika

For the license issue, I would suggest submitting a case. It's better under case process for private license details.

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-330215

The SDK was designed for the DSP5.1 and DSPE2.1, and is not used for many years. We use Processor Expert to replace SDK from CodeWarrior 6.0.

If you have SDK installed on your PC, you need not to change your source code in CodeWarrior 8.3. You can go on using the source code in SDK, the only thing you need to do is to add the access path in the project for your SDK source code.

a) Open the CodeWarrior 8.3 and click Edit menu followed by selecting Preference item;

b) Click "Source Trees" under "General" panels on the left;

c) In the Name edit box, enter: Embedded SDK Source

d) Click "Choose" button and select the path to the src subfolder of the SDK installation directory;

e) Click "Add" button followed by clicking Apply button;

f) Load your old SDK project and rebuild it.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
dipikakamat
Contributor I

Hi Fiona,

Thanks for your support.I tried the solution you provided today.But still the SDK files are not getting linked to the source code.I am still getting the errors for missing SDK files.

Can i get a contact number of a technical support who will help me resolve this issue?

0 Kudos