cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beestack Mesh Problem

wareagle
Contributor I
    Hello,
I am experiencing difficulty creating a simple mesh network under the Beestack codebase.  I followed the Zigbee Application User's Guide document to create a "Generic App" and selected "mesh networking with residential security" when configuring the project in Beekit.  I also made two of these projects, one for the coordinator and one for the srb (configured as a router).

I also made one more modification under code warrior to the projects in that I removed the need to press SW3 to search for matching descriptors.  By specifying an Ieee address for the NCB and SRBs and also the endpoint number (1), I have achieved working direct communication by only having to press SW1 (which joins the network).  I loaded the SRB project onto two SRBs, and when I move one of them out of range of the NCB (but still in range of the other SRB which is in range of the NCB), it can no longer communicate with the NCB.  It is also unable to rejoin the network.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kurt
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
So, you have one board set as Coordinator and two board set as Router (R1 and R2)? R1  witch is out Coordinator range, will not be able to communicate with coordinator because, R1 was join into Coordinator network. To be able to what you propose you should join R2 to Coordinator network and then join R1 to R2 network.  In this case R1 will be able to communicate with Coordinator through R2. For this you should fallow the steps below:

1. Press SW1 on Coordinator for starting the network;
2. Press SW1 on R2 for joining in Coordinator network;
3. Press SW2 on Coordinator, Permit Join = Disable, for R1 to join to R2 and not to Coordinator;
4. Press SW1 on R1 to join to R2;

Br,
Adrian

Message Edited by addiyi on 2008-04-01 06:15 PM
0 Kudos

Trojanboy
Contributor I
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your response, and I have followed your steps, but I still can not realize it.

I have two NCBs(one called C1 with coordinator function, the other called R2 with router function), a SRB with end device function.

I did the following steps:
1. Press SW1 on Coordinator C1 for starting the network after reset it
2. Press SW1 on R2 for joining in Coordinator network after reset it;

So the R2 has joined into C1. Right now I want to join R1 to R2.

I have pressed SW2 on the Coordinator, but I can not see "Permit Join", I only see "x =00, y=00, Z=xx" on the Coordinator C1. Then I reset R1, and press SW1 of R1, R1 has joined into R2. Then I press SW3 of R1, the value of x, y,z can be shown in the router R2, but can not shown in the coodinate C1. Which means the value of the end point doesn't transfer to the coordinator through the router.

Could you tell me what steps I still need to do next? Thanks

Best regards

trojanwei
0 Kudos

wareagle
Contributor I
Thanks to all for the responses.  We have actually had some success, it appears we may have just been having some battery problems!  Addiyi, thank you for clarifying how zigbee mesh works.  To be clear, do you mean that the mesh network cannot discover new paths in the event that the route to its parent is no longer available?  I was under the impression that the mesh network was self-healing.  Our production network will have all the nodes in a fixed location, so this hopefully will not be a problem, but I would still like to clarify that point.  Thank you very much.
0 Kudos

RoyVersteeg
Contributor I
Did you program the SRB's to be router devices? Endpoint devices can't relay the messages. So the devices should also be configered as routers.
0 Kudos

Trojanboy
Contributor I
I also want to know it
0 Kudos