cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S19 full file generation - MC9S12dp512

IgorN
Contributor II
Hi,
I've inherit any project transfered in tast from MC9S12dp256 to MC9S12dp512 and from any previos version of the CodeWarrior IDE to version 5.7. The project passes the build process seccessfully and run in the debugger as needed,but in *.phy - file I see only part of builded programm. What must I to do for full S19 file receiving. 

Thanks.

Added p/n to subject.  

Message Edited by NLFSJ on 2008-03-31 09:43 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
What code is missing?

Did you know that if a function is never called, that the linker will not inlcude it in the .S19. Also if a data location is never referenced, it will not be in the .s19 file either. So just because it is in the "C" file does not mean it will be linker.

Examine the map file. At the bottom there is a call graph, that shows which functions call which other functions. All the functions that were used should be linked.

0 Kudos

IgorN
Contributor II
All that are placed at adresses before 0x0FE700. And I'm needing a full file for deployment 
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Ok, when you moved to the 512 did you recreated the project as a 512 project?

0 Kudos

IgorN
Contributor II
I don't know. I have tryed to make a new project using Project wizard and move all files to this. But this "fusion" don't pass compilation
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Igor,

Your information is somewhat contradictory.
On one hand you, say the the code runs, but that certain functions that are called, are not in the code. So I must assume that when you "test" the code, you are not testing all of the functionality, as otherwise if one of the missing functions were called, then the code would fail.
How is this so? You could try adding some code the call these "missing" functions and see what happens.

You should compare the "prm" file from the "old" project to the "prm" file of the 512 project, and reconcile the differences. What errors specifically do you get when you build the converted project?

0 Kudos

IgorN
Contributor II
In my first post of this topic I've wrote that this code run as needed in debugger.
More this, for producing a S19 file to deployment I must to upload the debugging code from the target to
S19 file using PROG12Z programm and merge it manually with phy-file produced on build of this project.
And it work correct too. But I want to receive the full s19 file just after seccessful buildig. Is the problem clear now? 
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
What is not clear, is what are you merging with?
What code is on the target that is not in your project?
Are there two different projects that get loaded on the target?
Is there a bootloader on the target?
Please excuse me, I have not hear of such a procedure before.  I don't understand what code in on the target, but not in your project, as only code in your project should have been loaded to the target.
0 Kudos