Where can i buy a MC9S08SH PDIP?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i buy a MC9S08SH PDIP?

Morph19
Contributor I
I cant find in any store the MC9S08SH in PDIP package.Freescale isnt offering for sample or buy in their page. Is it already gone, does anybody have a comment on this.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

NLFSJ
Contributor III
Hi,

Unfortunately, Freescale does not offer the MC9S08SH in a plastic dip package.  Please take a look at the following website for the packages it is offered in.
Click on buy for the to view the packages it comes in.

Let me know if this does not answer your question.

Have a good day!

Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos

Morph19
Contributor I
Thanks for your help, when you say that freescale doesnt offer it in PDIP, you mean anymore, mean that it was previously available.
Because in the datasheet say that it does come in PDIP the order number is:
-MC9S08SH8CPJ
I already look for it in the FS page but i only find the same page that you give me, in that page its mentioned as  PC9S08SH8CPJ  its status is active.
I try to buy it from a distributor but no one have it in stock and the date of arivval is just unacceptable, something 2 months in digikey.
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Not sure why Nina said that, as the Buy page does show a PDIP part.
The 'P' in the part means preliminary, and changes to M when it is in full production.

And DEMO9S08SH8 board appears to be using it. If you put this board in your basket, it shows "in stock" for the board, so somewhere this chip must exist. You could buy the board to get one, but I doubt you will like that suggestion.

The best I can advise is try to get one from a rep..
Or maybe try a service request.

In the mean time you could prototype with another package. I built one this way-  if you are interested I will post details.

0 Kudos

Morph19
Contributor I
Thanks JimDon, im interested in your prototype, can you put more information, if  i cant get the PDIP part, i would buy some TSSOP, i found some really cheap TSSOP to dip adapter, altought they are SSOP to DIP but somewhere i read that TSSOP and SSOP are interchangeable.
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Well, TSSOP and SSOP have the same pitch, but some adapters are too wide (Like the ones at Futurelec) and will not take a TSSOP. I do use the 64 pin LQFP boards from Futurelec.

I use the OP40B from ONE PAS
(look at the bottom of this page)
These are perfect on TSSOP.

This board breaks out to 0.05 instead of .1, but it saves space on the board. You need one the boards above it that have .05 holes. On these boards you can also mount SMT parts very easily. You can solder SSOP directly to the board. I uses these boards alot, and are great. If you decide to go this route, I will give you some more pointers.

If you really want to stick with 0.1 break out,. google  Forest City Electronics.
I have not tried these, but they look promising.

Once you go SMT, you will not go back to thru hole. Look on ebay, you can get SMT resistor collections.

0 Kudos

Morph19
Contributor I
Thanks JimDon  the boards at ONE PAS looks great, the adapters that i have seen were the ones from futurlec, to avoid problems im going to use the ones from Forest City Electronics. I just want to put the uC in a breadbord and only to be able to say that i have that option i own a DEMO9S08AW60 and im going to use the BDM header to program other S08s but the only models  in DIP and 5V tolerant are the QD and SH, i would buy some QD also. Also i cant find the new RS08kA4 or the RS08kA8 in any store in DIP but FS have those as a sample in SOIC, i dont known what i have to change  to program the RS08 whit my header i guess that only the VDD of the KA.
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Well, you will not be able to program the  RS08kA8. It requires Vpp (10-12V) on the reset pin and your demo board will no do that. You should also take a careful look at the RSKA8 resources - it does not have much.
If you must do an RSKA8, get the SOIC and solder it right to the ONE PAS board, SOIC is only half the pitch the pitch of DIP and it is pretty easy with out a microscope.

Also RSKA is a low cost but not a very low power chip.

Why do you need +5v chips ? If you can get over that, there all sorts of better chips. There are many way to interface with 3.3V.

Also, try and get off the dip package, as fewer and fewer options will be available thru hole.
I used to be that way, but now I just use the methods we have discussed. I have yet to blow a chip, but if I did I would use a hot gun to take it off, clean it up with solder wick and solder a new one on. (I have done this, but not on any of my prototypes - yet!)

It just limits your choices if you must have 5v and dip package. Also, if you need to have boards assembled, thru hole is more exspesive.

0 Kudos

NLFSJ
Contributor III
Sorry for the wrong information I provided.  I should have checked first with our marketing team regarding PC parts.  

Please accept my apology.

Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Nina,

When a day passes where I am not wrong at least 10 times, then I may find room to criticize you for an honest mistake.

0 Kudos