AnsweredAssumed Answered

MfgTool not running

Question asked by Phill Ogden on Jun 13, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 28, 2016 by Rita Wang

Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble getting any version of the MfgTool compiling and working using the provided bitbake recipes.

I have a pre-compiled version aquired from Freescale ~2 years ago, using kernel 3.10, that works, but due to new JEDEC standards, I cannot use it any more.

My problem is, the usb enumeration via otg doesn't work. The device appears to boot, and wait for the usb, which never appears.

I have tried, with out any sucess:

• A fresh check out of the MfgTool git and compiling without any modifications - Won't enumerate USB
  • Patching my device trees and kernel patches against v3.10 - After wranging to get booting, won't enumerate USB
  • Building 4.x version of kernel and mfgtool - Won't boot at all
  • Patching my device trees and kernel patches against v4.x - Wont boot at all

There appears to be quite a few differences between the 3.10 and 4.x versions. For example, the 4.x version sends g_mass_storage configure commands via uBoot, but 3.10 doesn't send any commands, but my kernel and built against 3.10, is expecting it.

I am very confused. What am I missing. Does NXP have any better documentation avaliable on the mfgtool, how it works, and how to compile it using bitbake?

I am currently using the recipe fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs, and the documentation IMXLXYOCTOUG User's Guide Rev L3.10.53_1.1.0-ga, 01/2015, specifically, section 6.2, page 11.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Outcomes