Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JS16

dschwertb1
Contributor I

Hi!

I would like to program JS16 devices.

On a 32 bit Windows 7 machine, I have no problems using the JS16_Bootloader.exe from version 4.12.1.80.

On a 64 bit Windows 7 machine, I did not yet have success. I tried USBDM 4.12.1.80 and 90.

The drivers are the latest and from the device manager they seem to be the same revisions on both machines.

The s19 file does not define a value for 0xFFBA (Checksumbypass), but even with this set to 00 I always end up in the bootloader, even with BLMS* tied to +5V. Before I switched to 64 bit, I did not have problems on this machine either, but at that time I was using a five years old version.

I assume that the 64 bit version somehow does not write a value to address 0xFFBA. I tried also programming via BDM, but that also did not work on the 64 bit machine, even though a verify was successful.

From an internet search, I know that somwhere there must be a thread "DB:6.94:Usbdm Cant Program Js16 At 0xffba (Checksumbypass)", but I can't find that, due to the switch from Freescale to NXP.

Any ideas?

P.S.: Programming via BDM also does not work on the 32 bit machine.

Regards,

Dietmar

0 Kudos
1 Reply

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Dietmar,

Please see the answer to your later posting for a discussion of how USBDM handles the security region in the flash.

https://community.nxp.com/message/868480?commentID=868480#comment-868480 

Unfortunately I do not have access to 32-bit Windows  machines for testing any longer.

The usual reason for problems is incompatibility with the driver.  You should try the XP version as well as the later version.

bye

0 Kudos