shall i use kw40z for my design requirement?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shall i use kw40z for my design requirement?

dhanabalrajendr
Contributor II

Kindly read my design requirements below and tell, can i use KW40Z microcontroller for my project? if its not suitable kindly mention any other controller.

Design Requirements:

1. We need to monitoring nearly 250 network device(sensor node) in a single network using zigbee pro profile with broadcast addressing. (may i know availability of lightwight mesh stack in KW40Z)

2. Sometimes network device get data from bluetooth also and data size will be less than 50 byte.

3. Zigbee Pro communication is always communicate with network devices and data size will be less than 150 byte. (may i know what is maximum payload)

4. Network device will communicate with KW40Z through build-in USART.

5. Network device will send Payload data only and no other at commands.

5. Node to node communication distance will be 10 to 300 meters.(may i know what is maximum coverage range?)

6. what is suitable range extender for 500 to 1000 meters?

7. Which baud rate will suitable for this requirement? (currently using 2400bps)

8. Any repeater availability for KW40Z's zigbee pro communications?

These are all my requirements and I need your valuable answer. So, kindly give a solution for me.

Wait for your reply and Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dhanabal

Labels (3)
10 Replies

antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dhanabal,

KW40Z doesn't support ZigBee PRO stack actually, so if you are looking for a ZigBee device I would suggest you to have a look at JN5169 that also offers an higher output power (Up to 10dBm).

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/more-processors/application-specific-mcu...

ZigBee|NXP

http://www.nxp.com/products/interface-and-connectivity/wireless-connectivity/2.4-ghz-wireless-soluti...

Modules are also available:

Support Resources for JN516x MCUs|NXP

Please note that a ZigBee PRO Network features mesh capability, so it includes repeater functionality already.

Regarding maximum range it is highly dependent of the environment and if you are indoor or outdoor. Typically I'd say ~30-50m indoor and ~100-200m outdoor. Anyway as mentioned, because of the standard protocols with mesh networking, you can get longer distances thanks to multi-hoping inside the network.

Please see additional material concerning your questions below:

Hope that helps,

Antonio

dhanabalrajendr
Contributor II

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

I have some clarifications share with you.

1. Working difficult with ZPS ans JenOS configuration editor for me and sniffer application(ubiqua) won't get free.

2. For reducing my development cost, may i choose for KW2xD and  KW41Z(in future) series controllers alternate for jn516x.

3. Which range extender will suitable for JN516x and KW2xD series controllers(i.e CC2592)

0 Kudos

jasonchiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Qorvo's RF6555 is one of choices for range extender

dhanabalrajendr
Contributor II

RF6555 is not available in mouser, digikey, element14. kindly give another part-number for easily purchasable in india.

0 Kudos

dhanabalrajendr
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply Tzyy-Hong Chiang.

If any reference design for RF6555 with MKW2xD controllers

if any range extender with above 25dbm and match with  MKW2xD

0 Kudos

antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dhanabal,

Yes you could use KW2xD + RF6555.

Reference Design is available (See attached), part number from RFMD is RF6555KW24D512-410.

For more info please contact RFMD or your local NXP contact.

Cheers,

Antonio

0 Kudos

antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

+ if you are interested in more than +20dBm output power then the RFFM6201 is a +24dBm drop-in for the RF6555 and it is p2p compatible.

Antonio

0 Kudos

dhanabalrajendr
Contributor II

Thank you Antonio.

1. Will KW2xD alternate for JN516x.

2. our product fit to indoor only,if i am using RFFM6201 then what is my single device coverage?

kindly explain it.

0 Kudos

antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dhanabal,

Range is influenced from many factors such as building layout, contents and construction as well as RF optimization of the board itslef...but if I have to guess, as rule of thumb, I'd say ~80-100 meters.

Cheers,

Antonio

0 Kudos

dhanabalrajendr
Contributor II

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for your all valuable information.

1. may i design JN5169 product without using ZPS and JenOS configuration editor. Because last few months i tried with JN5169 but i cant understood with these configuration editors and peripheral accessing.

2. i need peripheral access documents for some simple learning process like led blinking,etc.

0 Kudos