I2C1 stops working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C1 stops working

stevelandas
Contributor I

We are using I2C1 on and IMX6  to interface to the SGTL5000. After the application is running the codec an audible work as expected. But we we connect a usb mouse the audible output stops. The I2CS continues normally and the power seems undisturbed but the I2C1 bus stops and we can no longer generate sound. Any known issues or thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steve

for producing sound sgtl5000 does not use i2c channel,

it is used for initialization. Issue may be caused that i2c signals are

used by some other usb circuitry related signals like USB_PWR_EN

or board shortcircuits, so one can check this with oscilloscope.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stevelandas
Contributor I

Thanks for your response,

This failure doesn’t happen during initialization,

We get though startup and WINCE launches the application. The system will perform correctly indefininetly playing the correct wave files on the audio.

But when a mouse is connected to the OTG port the sound stops. The normal HOST port works fine.

The OTG port is permanently configured as a host, i.e ID is grounded and USB_OTG_VBUS connected to 5V.

Also I double checked again today and when the mouse is connected the I2C1 bus stops and data is no longer sent to the CODEC on the I2S DIN line but the I2S bus clocks remain functional. The processor does not stop and the system continues to run. When the mouse is disconnect audio is immediately restored.

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

unfortunately WINCE is not supported by nxp for i.MX6 platforms,

suggest to apply to third parties which support it: like adeneo or iwave systems.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

stevelandas
Contributor I

OK,

Thanks for the feedback igor!

Steve

0 Kudos