cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK02FN128VFM10 clock settings

snehalpatil
Contributor II

Hi,

I have created project using KDS 3.0.0 and target  MK02FN128VFM10. We are using 16MHz external crystal. Can anyone please guide me what all changes do I need to do to get system core clock as 72MHz, bus clock as 36MHz,Flash clock as 24MHz. I want to use RUN mode.

1. Do we need to do PLL settings? If yes where and how it should be done.

What all more settings to be done?

Request to reply as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Snehal.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Snehal,

If you want to get:

core clock as 72MHz, bus clock as 36MHz,Flash clock as 24MHz

There has two way:

1. use FEI,  trim your internal slow frequency to 37.5.

2. use FEE, but you should use 9.6Mhz or 19.2Mhz external crystal.

The reason is:

14.jpg

If you want to get 72Mhz, you need to configure your FLL input to 37.5Khz, because 37.5K*1920=72Mhz.

As you know,

15.jpg

FLL can choose the internal slow IRC or the oscillator which is divided by FRDIV,  the FRDIV can be: 32,64,128,256,512.

Then, you can know that, your oscillator can be: 1.2Mhz, 2.4Mhz, 4.8Mhz, 9.6Mhz or 19.2Mhz.

9.6Mhz and 19.2Mhz is the common oscillator frequency.

So you can choose FEE, and use the PE kds configure it like this:

13.jpg

or

16.jpg

From the clocking diagram, you can know that, K02 just have FLL, and it doesn't have the PLL, so you don't need to do PLL settings, just do FLL settings, you can refer to the PE generated code.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos