Renewed my licence for CodeWarrior V8.8 PA. Newly generated licence file only seems to support Linux based machines, even though the supported OS is listed as Windows.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed my licence for CodeWarrior V8.8 PA. Newly generated licence file only seems to support Linux based machines, even though the supported OS is listed as Windows.

gavinmaclean
Contributor I

We recently renewed the licence for our CodeWarrior Power Architecture Development Studio (version 8.8). When it came to generating the new licence file I went through the website and found what I thought to be the correct licence under the product list as “CodeWarrior DS for Power Architecture, Flash Programmer Edition (Windows Hosted) WIN”.

When I selected this product and went to the “licence keys” page in order to generate my licence I was given the option to again select which software I was licencing. I selected the “version 8.8 windows hosted flash programmer edition” and generated my licence file with the appropriate PC serial number. However I thought it odd that this licence is applicable to “version 9.2 Linux hosted for MobileGT Processors” as well. I noticed that in the code none of the lines appeared applicable to a windows hosted machine or appropriate for the PowerArchitecture programme. 

When I place the licence.dat file into the appropriate directory on my PC and try to start up the CodeWarriorIDE software it gives me the error message shown in my attached screenshot.153196_153196.PNGCodeWarriorIDE Error message.PNG

I have taken a copy of the previous years licence.dat file for comparison, this licence file clearly mentions Windows hosted computers many times.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gavin,

It seems your lock code is not right. Seems like it should be locked to MAC Address but instead of mac there is a volume ID.

Could you possibly rehost your license using your NXP.com account?

I'd recommend you to select "Disc Serial Number" as a Node Host ID enter the Volume id without "-" character in the middle:

note: Please ignore the CW version on the screenshot below since I take the screen on different product.

pastedImage_1.png

Stan

0 Kudos

gavinmaclean
Contributor I

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your assistance. I just tried as you suggested with no success. Even running in administrator mode now gives me the same error code as my original post screenshot -5,357. Screengrab of generated licence below:

Licence regenerated 8feb17.PNG

Thanks again,

Gavin

0 Kudos

TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don't think SW is able to detect the type of Volume for Disk serial, 82218006. 

Wondering if there is any Ethernet LAN MAC we could use instead of disk serial. 

I will send you an open license to your personal email to see if issue is definition or host ID 

0 Kudos

gavinmaclean
Contributor I

Hi everyone... I have still had no resolution to this issue.

I tried to raise a support case but when that did not work I was moved to other things within my company, and the support case has now closed. I am hesitant to go back through that route as my experience was not very good; barely any communication and no resolution.

I have now been moved back on to this problem, and I have seen a few other users have issues with the "Win32_CWIDE_Limited" feature, albeit using a dongle and another a terminal PC connected to a server containing the files. Is there perhaps something in there causing issues?

I tried to run the Codewarrior IDE program as administrator (as suggested to another user) and received a different error code to that above -9,57 which claimed "The host id of the computer does not match the host id in the license file". This is clearly incorrect - as can be seen from the screenshot below.

Admin_rights -957 hostid.PNG

The license.dat file is within the correct directory. The host ID is correct, confirmed through the "Vol" command on windows.

Thanks again,

Gavin

0 Kudos

togorcristian
Contributor I

Also i tried to generate license for "CodeWarrior DS for MobileGT Processors, Flash Programmer (Windows Hosted) WIN" and at startup it is accepted, but when trying to flash, gives error that i don't have a license.

0 Kudos

togorcristian
Contributor I

Hi,

I face exactly the same issue!

The license is not valid for windows.

Please provide a valid license file!

0 Kudos

gavinmaclean
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

I raised a support case last week, and have had no response yet. This is becoming a critical issue for us now, and I have no resolution yet. Can you help at all?

Thanks,

Gavin

0 Kudos

jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gavin MacLean,

Can you give me the email address you use to generate the license file so I can help you solve this issue please.

Regards,

0 Kudos

gavinmaclean
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

Do you have any update on this at all?

Thanks,

Gavin

0 Kudos

TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I see you are using Disk Serial Number: 82218006 as disk serial, which is weird, we usually see hexadecimal numbering on HD or SD drives volumes,

In order to get the proper Disk serial go to CMD and type vol, please confirm this data.

Also, which address is best for you gavin.maclean@calnexsol.com or gavin.cox@...

Currently on our basic suite, license for 9.2 and 8.8 are the same on win app, that is why you see both version supported.

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

0 Kudos

gavinmaclean
Contributor I

Tomas,

Please provide a reply of an update as my support case STILL has not been answered. I am utterly disgraced with the service received from NXP/Freescale. Nearly 3 months after we have paid for our licence and we are still unable to use the product.

Gavin

0 Kudos

gavinmaclean
Contributor I

Hi TomasPaez,

I have had a support case raised for over a month now with no resolution to my issue. As well as that the one single communication I have had is from Flexnet Operations where I was CC'd into an email from one person asking another department to look into it. And since then nothing, and I have been prompting for a reply. Can you please have another look at this because this is getting a bit ridiculous that we have paid for a licence we are not able to use. Support case is Case 00082449 if that helps you any.

Thanks,

Gavin

0 Kudos

gavinmaclean
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for that. Confirmed the weird disk serial number is as you outlined above - 8221-8006. No hexadecimal here!

I've registered with support home and will raise a ticket there as well as here. I changed my name at the start of this year. Both addresses work for email, but best to use .maclean@cal.....

0 Kudos

gavinmaclean
Contributor I

Hi jorge,

gavin.maclean@calnexsol.com

Thanks,

Gavin

0 Kudos