cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WinIDE Simulate PLL  HC08

zen
Contributor I
HI, All
     I am a beginner to HC08 and ICS08GPGTZ. I wonder how to skip the below code
             BRCLR  6,PBWC,*
     in the ICS08GP  In-Circuit Simulator when I simulate the code without connecting board?

I tried
               bset 6,PBWC
      But failed.

Thanks               Zen
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Zahar
Contributor IV
Zen,

There are a couple other ways that you can surpass this line of code during your simulation session.

After loading your code into P&E ICS08 full chip simulation you can:

1. Use PC 'name of sub-routine or location of code' to set your program counter to correct line.

2. You can right click your mouse pointing to a particular location and choose to set your Program Counter to the place where your mouse is pointing.

Best Regards,
Zahar
P&E
0 Kudos

zen
Contributor I
Thanks Encoder,
    You introduced two approaches to the above simulation problem.  I will spend more time on the WinIDE tool.
                       zen
0 Kudos

Encoder
Contributor I
BRCLR  6,PCB,*

is a conditional delay based on a bit test on PBWC which is the lock bit of the PLL register. It translates in a 3 byte line of code and in an undetermined delay.

I cannot say anything for the delay but the instruction may be replaced by

NOP
NOP
NOP

which is 3 bytes long and takes 3 HC08 clock cycles just making nothing else. I think that this is ok for your simulation. The best approach is anyway to skip this line by a semicolon to make an easy restoration when compiled on the real board:

; BRCLR  6,PCB,*

Encoder

Message Edited by Encoder on 2008-03-12 06:54 PM
0 Kudos