Beekit exports wrong CW project version

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beekit exports wrong CW project version

darin
Contributor I
    I'm going throught hell figuring how to program a PAN4555 evaluation kit.  I've installed Beekit and the pan4555 codebase.  I also have codewarrior 5.7 which is a special edition for the HC(S)08.

After exporting the solution with beekit and importing the project with codewarrior it doesn't allow me to change the MCU connection.  If gives the message...

"This project was created with an older version of CodeWarrior for HC08. To use the new features in version 5.0, the project needs to be updates to the current version."

It calls to use codewarrior 3.0 which I don't have, where can I get it?  Or is there a utility for upgrading project versions somewhere?

Any help would be great!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RickN
Contributor I
Hi Darin,

"I have CodeWarrior v5.7", this is the version of the IDE, select the Installed Products button on the lower left corner of this popup window to get the real information you need (i.e. CodeWarrior for MCU v6.1).   This issue gets everyone, and it would be nice to see it fixed.

I agree with your assessment of the situation.   The PAN4555 codebase may generate code for the correct MCU, but again that doesn't answer you question.

When I get stuck in this situation, I use the newer version of CodeWarrior to open a new project for the MCU I need.  I go all the way and generate a very basic project.  Take a look at the project and find the basics (i.e. main()).  Then I copy over the source code from the older project into the new one I just generated, and do my best to fixup any problems.   There is also an app note on this topic include in the help menus of CodeWarrior.  

I would prefer to see that the output of BeeKit matched up with the latest version of CodeWarrior, so that you could just change the MCU.   

Thanks,

Rick

0 Kudos