AnsweredAssumed Answered

MKL02z32 was programmed as a MKL16Z128 using PEMicro tools.   How to reset to factory settings?

Question asked by Mike Stevens on Jun 6, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by Jorge Antonio Alcala Vazquez

MKL02z32 was programmed as a MKL16Z128 using PEMicro tools.  The application is in flash and seems OK, but the KL02 isn't responding to commands properly.  I suspect some incorrect register settings.  We tried reprogramming the part as a KL02, but that didn't fix the problem.

Is there a way to reset the KL02z32 back to a factory reset state? We have both PEMicro and IAR tools available.

I've found that a key operational difference is that my I2C lines look like they are going into contention (Data being held low, Clock at about 50% of it's normal voltage level after some initial code runs.  The I2C uses PTB3 and PTB4.

Today I also discovered that a number of memory values in in 0x400x xxxx and 0xe000 xxxx are different between a working product and the mis-programmed products.  Some of this makes sense since they are counters and comparators, but other values don't make sense, and I can't find a way to edit them.  Is there a way to cause this area to reset to default or factory settings?  Or edit these locations?  I've again verified that the lower flash area (bootloader and application) are identical.

Outcomes