cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5775K multicore

ronliu
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm working with MPC5775K now. And I want it to work in the multicore mode. But it seems that only one core is working in the right way. I set breakpoints in other two cores. There is no action.  I call the function 'hw_init()' in the main core. But is doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Ron

153012_153012.bmpxx.bmp

Labels (1)
14 Replies

ronliu
Contributor IV

I created some breakpoints among these three cores in the project. But only one core could react. Other two cores seemed not able to work.PetrS​@

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

please look at this example Example MPC5775K PinToggleStationery S32DS

I tested it and it works correct. I call function boot_cores to run both z7 cores instead of hw_init function. But do not forget look to the startup.s file. In default project, hw_init function is called before you jump to the main function.

This is the screen of z4 core. You can see that both z7 cores started to run

pastedImage_2.png

When you click on the marked line, you can watch z7a source code

pastedImage_3.png

and also z7b source code

pastedImage_4.png

PS: S32DS has a problem with "one line" while loop. If you have for example this code:

while(1)

{counter++;}

and you click on step over or step into, debugger stop working and it may seen the core is not running correct.

I hope this issue will be fixed in the next release.

Regards,

Martin

ronliu
Contributor IV

11.png

There are all the processes running in my computer.  So I couldn't find those about PPC. I'm not clear what was wrong.

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

what password do you enter, while the debug session starting?

pastedImage_0.png

This is default password, which must not be used.

Instead of this password, please use DEAD_DEED_FADE_BADE.

If you use correct password, please try to update PeMicro debugger firmware. Download the drivers from following link:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

Which MPC5775K mask you use? I have 0N76P and I am not able to reproduce the problem. Which operating system you use?

Regards,

Martin

ronliu
Contributor IV

Martin,

thanks.

I tried to update the firmware.  But the problem still existed. 

And I am using 0N38M. The OS is windows 10.

7.bmp

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

if you have connected JP10 jumper in the debugger, try to disconnect.

Have you installed this drivers to you OS?

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53

I do not have WIN10 available right now to check it, but I will try to do it as soon as possible.

Regards,

Martin

ronliu
Contributor IV

what do you mean about JP10 jumper?

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

when you open Multilink Universal, there is jumper JP10, which could unconnected, connected to 3.3V or connected to 5V. This power supply could be used for EVB power supply and sometimes it could be a source of the problems.

Regards,

Martin

ronliu
Contributor IV

Hi Martin,

I found a strange thing that the route of the file is C:\Users\b55689... But I created my project in D disk. How do I change the configuration?

29.bmp

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

please download my project and import it to your workspace.

Choose Existing Projects and click next:

pastedImage_0.png

Select directory, where the downloaded project is placed and check all project folders (sorry for figure, I have already this project in my workspace) and click finish. You can also copy the project to workspace folder.

pastedImage_3.png

Regards,

Martin

ronliu
Contributor IV

Hi Martin,

My project works correctly now. I  must call function boot_cores() to run both z7 cores instead of  default hw_init() function. And I call the boot_cores() after jumping to the main().

Regards,

Ron

0 Kudos

ronliu
Contributor IV

Martin,

I changed the configuration of the project. The IDE didn't report the errors. But after I download the project. There only one elf in the debug window. So other two cores couldn't work correctly. Is there something wrong with my configuration?

Thanks

QQ截图20160607214655.bmp

0 Kudos

ronliu
Contributor IV

Actually. When I debug other projects, it works well. But I try to download your project. It isn't able to work. It is really strange.

0 Kudos

ronliu
Contributor IV

Hi Martin,

Thanks. But I come across the same problem when I try to download the project.

It really confused me now

Regards

Ron

58.bmp

0 Kudos