linker issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linker issues

garimella
Contributor I

Facing the following problem. Trying to execute helloworld.c program standalone. When i run make, end up in following error

cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 0x100011c. How to address this problem? How do I mention to the linker about the relocatable address?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We recommend using toolchain from NXP SDK Yocto Linux for application building.

1. 1. Install toolchain use command sequence below and see the following page:

(https://freescale.sdlproducts.com/LiveContent/content/en-US/QorIQ_SDK/GUID-16DBC8E2-9A18-4867-9BE1-1...).

Build and install the standalone toolchain with Yocto:

$ source ./fsl-setup-poky -m <machine>

$ bitbake fsl-toolchain

$ cd build_<machine>_release/tmp/deploy/sdk

$ ./fsl-networking-eglibc-<host-system>-<core>-toolchain-<release>.sh

Note: The default installation path for standalone toolchain is /opt/fsl-networking/. The install folder can be specified during the installation procedure.

Use the following command sequence if SDK 1.9 is used:

source /opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/environment-setup-ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe

Check result of "source" command. Use "$PATH" command. The "source" command should add path to gcc compiler.

You should see similar message:

$PATH

bash: /opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin:/opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/sysroots/x86_64-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/powerpc-fsl-linux-gnuspe:

$CC test.c --sysroot=/opt/fsl-qoriq/1.9/sysroots/ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe -o test.elf

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos