cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Design Studio crash?

baldurthorgilss
Contributor III

Hi

I just set up Kinetis Design Studio 3.2.0 on Windows 10. In the start all went OK, but now when I try to change Clock Source Settings in Cpu:MKL46Z256VMC4 component the KDS crashes and disappears. I have tried to repair and un-install/install new download but all the same. Any idea?

Baldur

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Baldur,

Inside your workspace folder, there is a .metadata folder with a .log text file in it. Maybe it shows the problem?

Erich

0 Kudos

baldurthorgilss
Contributor III

Hi Erich

I think I found the problem. I have been running the KDS as administrator now for some time without the problem :-)

0 Kudos

baldurthorgilss
Contributor III

Hi Erich

And thanks for your reply(I'm really confused). Here is the log file after a crash, can you see any hint in it? As soon as I access Clock Source settings the program vanishes.

!SESSION 2016-06-05 16:11:31.460 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=3.2.0.201603041649

java.version=1.7.0_76

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  -product com.somniumtech.branding.kds.ide -showlocation

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product com.somniumtech.branding.kds.ide -showlocation

!ENTRY com.processorexpert.core.ide.wizard.ui 2 0 2016-06-05 16:11:37.172

!MESSAGE External elements location C:\Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\BoardConfigurations/wizard_data does not exist

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2016-06-05 16:11:37.522

!MESSAGE Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git

user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories: 'C:\Users\Notandi'. If this is

not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse. Otherwise Git for Windows and

EGit might behave differently since they see different configuration options.

This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Baldur,

that .log does not show the problem :-(.

Erich

0 Kudos