shock spec on MPXV7002 pressure sensor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shock spec on MPXV7002 pressure sensor

walkersloan
Contributor I

Applying a MPXV7002 in a high g environment.  Looking for a shock spec as an indicator to g force tolerance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

NXP has established semiconductor sensor reliability testing based on exercising to detect failures by the presence of the environmental stress. Potential failure modes and causes are developed by allowing tests to run beyond the normal test times, thus stressing to destruction. One of the typical reliability test matrix used to insure conformance to customers end usage is Mechanical Shock.

This is an environmental test where the sensor device is evaluated to determine its ability to withstand a sudden change in mechanical stress due to an abrupt change in motion. This test simulates motion that may be seen in handling, shipping or actual use. MIL STD 750, Method 2016 Reference.

• Typical Test Conditions: Acceleration = 1500 g's, orientation = X, Y, Z planes, time = 0.5 milliseconds, 5 blows.
  • Potential Failure Modes: Open, parametric shift in offset and/or sensitivity.
  • Potential Failure Mechanisms: Diaphragm fracture, mechanical failure of wire bonds or package.

You may find more information about these reliability tests at:

NXP Sensors - Device Data

I hope this information will be useful for you.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to let me know.  I will be glad to help.

Have a great day.

David Diaz.

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

0 Kudos