END OF LIFE OF MPC8349E

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

END OF LIFE OF MPC8349E

rajramesh
Contributor I

Will the MPC8349E be in production for the next 5 years ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MPC8349E is a part of out Product Longevity program, for the product from this product segment (Networking product segment), this means we guarantiee at least 10 years from the product announcement. For this device product announcement date is June, 2005. This actually means the device is mature product and currently reached its guarantied longevity period, but this does not mean we have plans to announce this device to End of Life.

Here is a direct link to our longevity page:

Product Longevity: NXP (formerly Freescale) pr|NXP

For this particular moment MPC8349E is active product, we do not have plans to announce this device to End of Life.

I can not guarantiee this product well be active for next 5 years, because this is relatively long period, but I can guarantiee this product will be in production for next 2 years (or more).

If you are considering this product for a new design, please select more recent device with announcement date not earlier than June, 2011 (please use link to Product Longevity page above).

In case if you are using this device in existing design - MPC8349E is active product, you do not need to replace it.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos