cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP server interface selection

arielablumer
Contributor III

Hi,

My application uses WiFi interface over RTCS for regular operation and Ethernet for configuration mode. In this mode the application supplies the DHCP server for the configuration computer and the WiFi connection is expected to remain stable.

If the DHCP server is initialized after a TCP connection is established over the WiFi interface, this connection is closed. It takes minutes to renew the connection and it seems to be unstable.

If the DHCP server is initialized during system initialization WiFi connection is stable but the WiFi interface serves as DHCP server.

My questions are:

- Can I limit DHCP server operation to Ethernet only?

- What may be the reason for disturbing the WiFi based TCP connection when the DHCP server is started?

Thanks,

Ariela

0 Kudos
3 Replies

arielablumer
Contributor III

Hi Sol,

Do you have a better solution than my work around?

Thanks,

Ariela

0 Kudos

arielablumer
Contributor III

Hi Sol,

My board uses K66 as CPU and GS2100 as WiFi interface.

In normal operation data flows via a RTCS, TCP/IP connection over WiFi as a physical layer.

The board may be switched to configuration mode by the user.

In this mode, parameters may be set/retrieved via RTCP, Ethernet connection; the board serves as DHCP server while data keeps flowing via the WiFi connection.

So the issue here is that I have 2 RTCS interfaces and would like to limit the DHCP server to respond only to Ethernet DHCP requests.

BTW, as a temporary work around, I drop DHCP offer packets sent to the WiFi driver. This seems to work just fine but I'm not sure it's the best solution I can implement.

Hope the problem is clear now.

Thanks,

Ariela

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ariela,

Could you please let me know which device are you using?,  In addition please send a block diagram of your connection and a flowchart of your software.

This is because I want to have a better understanding about your project.

Regards

Sol

0 Kudos