cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K70 and display without SDRAM

wfwf
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using a k70 processor to drive a 480x272 px tft display. The customized board used doesn't have any external SDRAM memory but only a 1Gb NAND connected with NandFlashController module. Actually I have a MK70FN1M0VMJ12 without FlexNVM or EEPROM/FlexRAM. The first question is: may I use the NAND as a slower SDRAM, addressing the image directly on it, even reducing the 1Gb size??

How does it work without a SDRAM module?

Suppose I could change the MK70FN1M0VMJ12 in the version with FlexNVM, would this help me somehow? let's imagine a 200kB code beween Bootloader and FW, so I could use the whole 512kB FlexNVM to store a complete image.

The second question concerns how to drive a tft display that has not HSYNC and VSYNC signals (see attached datasheet). The sincronization is probably made by driving the DateEnable (also OE) pin LOW during the HSYNC and VSYNC time. I found a method under PE  LCDC_PDD_SetLSCLKDuringSYNC(LCDC_BASE_PTR, LCDC_PDD_ALWAYS_ON); to be substituted with LCDC_PDD_SetLSCLKDuringSYNC(LCDC_BASE_PTR, LCDC_PDD_ALWAYS_OFF).

This doesn't work alone, is it necessary to modify elsewhere some parameter? any hint?

thank you

wf

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi wf,

It is not possible to use NAND or any other memory different to DDR or SRAM. Also notice that the SRAM resolution is limited by size and 480 x272 is not feasible, only QVGA with 8bpp color. Additional to this, there is an errata where the LCDC can only use half of internal SRAM for frame buffer (errata ID 4571).

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos