Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About VDD_SNVS_IN voltage for i.MX6UL

Jump to solution
yuuki
Senior Contributor II

Dear Tech support,

We refer to Operating Ranges of the i.MX6UL data sheet.

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6ULCEC.pdf

- Table 11. Operating Ranges

The following is explained in Note.

Note 2

"In setting VDD_SNVS_IN voltage with regards to Charging Currents and RTC, refer to the i.MX 6UltraLite Hardware Development Guide (IMX6ULHDG)."

We referred to IMX6ULHDG, but do not know the section(part) that we should refer to.

Where in IMX6ULHDG should we refer to?

Best Regards,

Yuuki

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The note 2 of the i.MX6 Datasheet refer to  point 2 in Table 10 (Power and
decoupling recommendations) of the IMX6ULHDG : "Do not overload coin cell
backup power rail VDD_SNVS_IN. [...]".

Also point 4 should be taken into account : "If VDD_SNVS_IN is directly supplied by a

coin cell, a schottky diode is required between VDD_HIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN. [...]"

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The note 2 of the i.MX6 Datasheet refer to  point 2 in Table 10 (Power and
decoupling recommendations) of the IMX6ULHDG : "Do not overload coin cell
backup power rail VDD_SNVS_IN. [...]".

Also point 4 should be taken into account : "If VDD_SNVS_IN is directly supplied by a

coin cell, a schottky diode is required between VDD_HIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN. [...]"

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos