cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfgtool, imx-usb-loader with SPL and u-boot

bba
Contributor III

Hello,

the default u-boot configuration for the imx6ul-evk use u-boot_2015.04. Here the compiled bootloader consist only of on singe u-boot binary u-boot.imx. These u-boot.imx file can be loaded via USB with the mfgtool as well as the imx-usb-loader imx_usb.

Using the fslc community version of the imx6ul-evk bsp the default bootloader is u-boot_2016.05. Here the compiled bootloader is divided into SPL and u-boot. I am able to load the SPL with the imx-usb-loader imx_usb or the mfgtool. But how can I load the following u-boot binary u-boot.img?

Is there any description available how to load the SPL followed by u-boot on the iMX6ul-EVK via USB boot?

Regards,

Birger

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

bba
Contributor III

Thanks for reply, we are using now the fsl u-boot version u-boot-imx_2015.04 instead of u-boot-fslc_2016.03. These version supports only u-boot.imx instead of SPL+u-boot.img.

Regards,

Birger

0 Kudos

mach
Contributor I

Hello Birger,

Sorry, I don't understand why uboot-2015.04  only supports u-boot.imx instead of SPL+u-boot.img. I noticed that the code of this uboot had been patched with the patches used to support SPL of imx6 sabresd.(https://community.nxp.com/message/864563 ) . Could you show me more details?

Best wishes,

Mc 

0 Kudos

bba
Contributor III

We only used the SPL+u-boot.img combination on iMX6ul-evk with eMMC. On the customer hardware we are using NAND. Here the OS and firmware will be transfered with the mfgtool booting via USB. As written by Igor above the recipes used to build a manufacturing tool image are

linux-imx-mfgtool and u-boot-mfgtool and supports only nxp uboot-imx without spl.

It can be possible that mfgtool image supports flashing SPL+u-boot.img, but we don't have any experience with that.

Regards,

Birger

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Birger

the recipes used to build a manufacturing tool image are

linux-imx-mfgtool and u-boot-mfgtool and seems mfg tools support only

nxp uboot-imx without spl.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos