Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using makefile for MPC5604B

Jump to solution
朱先生
Contributor III

Hi, all:

The platform is MPC5604B microchip. I write the makefile to manage our source code. The makefile is done but i don't know how to call this makefile.

In S12 platform, i use "piper.exe" and "maker.exe" to call the makefile, but in MPC5604B platform, the two tools are not existed. so how to solve this problem? should I download GNU to make thie makefile?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You don't have to download a separate GNU bin utils since CodeWarrior already contains GNU make.exe (v3.80) in "<CW MCU v10.x>\gnu\bin\".

Hope it helps.

Stan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You don't have to download a separate GNU bin utils since CodeWarrior already contains GNU make.exe (v3.80) in "<CW MCU v10.x>\gnu\bin\".

Hope it helps.

Stan

朱先生
Contributor III

Hi, Stan:

My IDE is "CW for MPC55xx, MPC56xx 2.10".  The IDE is used to develop PowerPC platform. Our company has already purchased the license, but it doesn't contain GNU bin utils.

Should I download the version "CW MCU v10.x",is it free to develop PowerPC platform?

Thanks for your reply.

Bryce

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bryce,

You are correct. CodeWarrior Classic does not include make utility.

You can download CW for MCUs v10.x (Eclipse) evaluation/special edition which is free (special edition has a C code size limitation to 512K)

CodeWarrior Development Tools Suite - Special|NXP

or you can download any other make utility distributed in e.g. Cygwin, MinGW,..)

Stan