cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Clock modes in OSC of KEA-128?

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I am using KEA-128 with 8 Mhz External Crystal.I want to know the difference Between High Gain Oscillator and Low power Oscillator mode ??? Please provide me the Supporting Documents with Screenshots :smileyhappy:.I have attached the Screenshot where I want to know the difference between first two blocks?

Screenshot (108).png

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi VIGNESH BALAJI,

high gain mode:  the oscillator uses a simple inverter-style amplifier. The gain is set to achieve rail-to-rail oscillation amplitudes.

lower power mode: the oscillator uses a gain control loop to minimize power consumption. As the oscillation amplitude increases, the amplifier current is reduced. This continues until a desired amplitude is achieved at steady-state.

Actually, you can find this in reference manual page 309.

2.jpg

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos