KDS 3.x debugger not load elf  other than with imported projects?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS 3.x debugger not load elf  other than with imported projects?

aerodame
Contributor III

Why does KDS debugger not load elf  other than with imported projects?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stephen,

in addition...

I ever downloaded SDK_2.0_FRDM-K22F package from

Welcome to Kinetis Expert | Kinetis Expert

but it only support iar, not for KDS. Did you revise it to support KDS?

to work with K22F with KDS, I use SDK_2.0_TWR-K22F120M. I attach my testing video here.

BTW, I saw there are many project opened in your IDE window. I suggest you create a new workspace to perform the new test.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

aerodame
Contributor III

Well it works just fine with projects that are imported.  But not for projects that are created *new*.  But why would it not work?  I didn't revise anything.  I don't understand what you are saying about not supporting KDS... I can totally build for KDS and that is exactly what I did... see the attached picture.Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 12.19.17 PM.png

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

could you share/upload that project which does not work?

Erich

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

thanks. I redownload the full version SDK_2.0_FRDM-K22F and test it again.

create a new project based on SDK_2.0_FRDM-K22F, it also works fine. see attached video,

I suggest you create a new workspace to perform the new test. do menu "project", "clean..." before build.

make sure you have all your update installed to KDS3.2.

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,

Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

The warning about SWO is because you have it enabled in the debug setttings (openSDA does not support SWO), so you should disable it:

pastedImage_0.png

Can you check if it loads the symbols and executable as above?

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

aerodame
Contributor III

It doesn't seem to matter whether I have SDO checked or not as to whether the code loads successfully.  But thank you  for that tip.  If I disable SDO, then the (benign) error message goes away. 

Can't you venture a guess as to why I can completely l load any of the SDK example files, but not just a basic simple "new" project?

Thanks!

0 Kudos