Error: Timing setting failed. It is not possible to generate code.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Timing setting failed. It is not possible to generate code.

jaymoskowitz
Contributor I

I have been using CodeWarrior version 5.9.0 for a long time without problems to generate code for a MC9S12XD. Just used it the other day and flashed the target processor using the built in P&E Multilink support. But today when trying to compile some code changes, CW is reporting

Code Generator   

ERROR: Timing setting failed. It is not possible to generate code

AS1

ERROR: Error in the component setting. More details provided by Component Inspector for this component

All we did was modify a line of C source code. Can anyone explained what this error is indicating. I have no idea why this should have happened when we just compiled and executed the code the other day. This happens on a Make, Bring Up To Date or compiling any individual source code file.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jaymoskowitz
Contributor I

I reported in a prior post that when I went to compile anything, I was getting an error "Timing setting failed. Not possible to generate code" and Error in the component setting. More details provided by Component Inspector for this component". In researching this further, I found that I was able to compile prior releases of the software in directories that had its own copy of the Project.mcp and Project.pe files. I further found that all the versions that compiled properly had the following line at the start of the Project.pe file: Processor Expert Version 0412. I compared the .pe of the prior releases and they were all the same. But the current software director Proejct.pe file says Processor Expert Version 0444. A comparison to 0412 shows that 0444 has many other definitions in the file. So I saved that directory, made a copy, and replaced the .mcp and .pe files from the prior software version that worked. I was able to successfully compile and link the software changes.

So the questions are:

1) How did I end up with a new .pe file for Version 0444 when nothing changed in the environment.

2) Why do I get the two error messages when attempting to compile (which it will not allow me to do).

At lease I can get back to debugging code instead of debugging Code Warrior.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jay,

Normally, CW produces this error is because the pe component setting is not correct, thus it can't generate code.

please check your pe component setting.

if you can not find the problem, please upload your project here, I will check the problem directly on your project.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos