I am struggling with programming MK64FX512VLQ12 using FRDM KL25Z with USBDM on OpenSDA. USBDM can not connect to target chip.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am struggling with programming MK64FX512VLQ12 using FRDM KL25Z with USBDM on OpenSDA. USBDM can not connect to target chip.

tymoteuszlipins
Contributor I

Signals on CWDIO and SWDCLK are present. Even the Reset pull down works, but MK64 outpun on reset pin is a sawtooth like signal. I know that it's related with watchdog constantly resetting the MCU because it's empty.

I read a lot of troubleshooting on freescale community and I'm stuck. It is even possible with USBDM?

Maby I shall switch to other device in order to sucesfully download code to flash memory?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tymoteusz,

The P&E opensda on the FRDM-KL25 didn't support to program the K64, I already check it in our FRDM-KL25 and FRDM-K64 board.

But you can try to change the FRDM-KL25 firmware to  JLINK firmware, now follow these steps:

1. Change FRDM-KL25 firmware to JLINK

1) download jlink driver

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Download

2)  download my attachment and unzip it.

You will get JLink_OpenSDA_2015-10-13.sda

3)power off your board, press reset button, and hold on it, then plug the board to your PC, your board will be a Disk named as: BOOTLOADDER

4) Send JLink_OpenSDA_2015-10-13.sda to your BOOTLOADER

and wait the sending finished

5) unplug and plug the USB cable again.

2,  Cut the wire between the two pin in FRDM-KL25 J11,

3, connect J6(swd interface) to your K64 board, and configure the download interface as JLINK.

You can try it, I can download the code to my FRDM-K64 board with the JLINK firmware in FRDM-KL25, but I am not sure, whether the JLINK firmware can support the none NXP board's kinetis chip, because I don't have none official board.

After you try it, please let me know the result.

If your K64 board's SWD interface is correct, and still can't download, I suggest you buy a Segger JLINK to debug your K64.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tymoteuszlipins
Contributor I

Dear Jingjing Zhou,

I will try doing as you suggest and as soon as I get any result I will reply if it was a success or failure.

Currently I managed to borrow Segger J-Link from friend, and all is fine. J-Link wiped the processor in order to debug it.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tymoteusz,

Thank you!

Waiting for your test result!

If you have the JLINK, I suggest you  use the Segger Jlink as the debugger .

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos