Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to complete do_rootfs

Jump to solution
simonlocke
Contributor III

Hi.

I can produce an error from bitbake on imx6sx that there does not seem to be an answer for in the community so far. I have done the following:

1. cloned and build imx6 Linux V4.1.15 as a default image to core-image-minimal
  2. create a custom meta layer, e.g. called meta-new, and add to BBLAYERs etc
  3. copy the distro file, e.g. fsl-imx-x11.conf into the meta-new/conf/distro folder and rename to something else
  4. copy the machine config file, e.g. imx6sxsabresd.conf into the meta-new/conf/machine folder and rename to something else
  5. point local.conf at these 'new' distro and machine conf files
  6. bitbake core-image minimal

What happens is that during the do_rootfs you get an error:

ERROR: packagegroup-core-boot not found in the base feeds ...

This seems to be similar to the issue reported to yocto here: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2014-October/022001.html

Does anyone have any clues what this might be down to?

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
simonlocke
Contributor III

I think I have managed to solve my own issue.

Before, when I had added the new layer and the new distro and machine configs, I had just 'hacked' / modified the bblayers.conf and local.conf files in my build/conf folder. I manually added the meta layer to the BBLAYER variable, and manually modified the MACHINE and DISTRO default values in the local.conf.

This apparently is a bad idea; even though it is sort of what the NXP / Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide suggests.

What I have now done is the following:

1. deleted all files in my build/conf folder

2. manually added my Meta layer to the place where it generates the BBLAYERS variable in fsl-setup-release.sh

3. re-ran source fsl-setup-release.sh:

DISTRO=fsl-imx-customdistro MACHINE=imx6sxcustommachine source fsl-setup-release.sh -b mybuild

4. run bitbake -c cleansstate core-image-minimal

5. run bitbake core-image-minimal

This seems to sort out the mess. Clearly it is just a scripting tangle issue that is going on.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
simonlocke
Contributor III

I think I have managed to solve my own issue.

Before, when I had added the new layer and the new distro and machine configs, I had just 'hacked' / modified the bblayers.conf and local.conf files in my build/conf folder. I manually added the meta layer to the BBLAYER variable, and manually modified the MACHINE and DISTRO default values in the local.conf.

This apparently is a bad idea; even though it is sort of what the NXP / Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide suggests.

What I have now done is the following:

1. deleted all files in my build/conf folder

2. manually added my Meta layer to the place where it generates the BBLAYERS variable in fsl-setup-release.sh

3. re-ran source fsl-setup-release.sh:

DISTRO=fsl-imx-customdistro MACHINE=imx6sxcustommachine source fsl-setup-release.sh -b mybuild

4. run bitbake -c cleansstate core-image-minimal

5. run bitbake core-image-minimal

This seems to sort out the mess. Clearly it is just a scripting tangle issue that is going on.

0 Kudos
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please try to clean the machine prior to building:

# bitbake -c clean <IMAGE>

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
simonlocke
Contributor III

Thanks,

Yes, like I said, I did re-fresh the whole build set up, including doing a cleansstate.

Its just frustrating when you lose 2 days to a silly issue like this.

0 Kudos