I can produce an error from bitbake on imx6sx that there does not seem to be an answer for in the community so far. I have done the following:
- cloned and build imx6 Linux V4.1.15 as a default image to core-image-minimal
- create a custom meta layer, e.g. called meta-new, and add to BBLAYERs etc
- copy the distro file, e.g. fsl-imx-x11.conf into the meta-new/conf/distro folder and rename to something else
- copy the machine config file, e.g. imx6sxsabresd.conf into the meta-new/conf/machine folder and rename to something else
- point local.conf at these 'new' distro and machine conf files
- bitbake core-image minimal
What happens is that during the do_rootfs you get an error:
ERROR: packagegroup-core-boot not found in the base feeds ...
This seems to be similar to the issue reported to yocto here: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2014-October/022001.html
Does anyone have any clues what this might be down to?