How do I get a boot log?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a boot log?

jonathantaylor
Contributor II

Can someone tell me how to get a "boot log"?  I keep seeing posts where people refer to that, but I don't understand where it is coming from, and how you get a hold of a file from these MX boards when the device won't boot.  MfgTool formats the partitions, so you can't revert to a previous boot state to retrieve a file created during a failed boot (which is when you want to check a log)!  I'm missing something critical here...  Also, I see no way to adb into these board.  It seems like the MfgTool is the only way my PC can interact with it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jonathantaylor
Contributor II

Thanks Igor.  When you say it is output by MfgTools, are you referring to the mfgtool.log file?  That doesn't seem to contain anything about booting, just burning.  Is there a way to get the actual boot data from MfgTool (logcat,etc.)?  Also, how can I see the console output?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jonathan

I meant output from console (uart).

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jonathan

boot log is messages from console during boot, also

outputted by mfg tools.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos