FRDM-K22F is missing I2S driver build

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K22F is missing I2S driver build

aerodame
Contributor III

I'm looking for a good driver example for the Codec hardware that is missing from the FRDM-K22F default factory board that is currently shipping.  The SDK seems to have sai.c/sai.h files, but it would be nice if I had a complete audio I/O code project for the K22F.  I'm sure one must exist somewhere at NXP since you have the hardware design, right?

Also, is there a different part number version of the K22F that has all the audio components stuffed for the Codec and connectors?

If not, then I'm trying to work through the details of which ports are used and if there is pin support to the shield connectors to design a different Codec shield board.

I see this  FRDM-K22F_manifest.xml file which seems to organize the files needed for each project example in "Projects of Projects" imports.   Is this a tool generated file or needs to be manually edited to add necessary files to complete the driver project lists (to add I2S capability)?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

aerodame
Contributor III

I'm on the SDK 2.0 version now and using the FRDM-K22F.   I'm sure someone has written a project for the K22F by now.  Is there any way I could obtain that code?   Also, what is the process of updating the SDK 2.0 for the FRDM-K22F so that the necessary driver files show up in the SDK?

Finally, how can I obtain special K22F boards with the codec parts and audio connectors stuffed and tested already?

Thank you however for the above app notes.  I will study them carefully.   I'm trying to quickly put together some audio demonstrators based on the FRDM boards due to their small compact size that lends well to demonstrations.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Stephen,

The KSDK v2.0 is the lasted version now , and unfortunately there is no SAI demo under FRDM-K22 board,

While There is SAI driver .

So you can use the demo under TWR-K22 board, or create one FRDM-K22 project , then copy the application

code .

The chip is the same for the two board, only the pin have some difference .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

aerodame
Contributor III

OK, I will try to work with that.  My next step is to try and use the DSP filtering routines.  But looking through the SDK is confusing.  Are there some App notes around the use of DSP?     I'm guessing that I need to refer to the RTE components and the ARMCM4_FP, but not sure how to refer to all of the files I need yet and what needs to be included or not.

It would be great if there is a specific App node for the FRDM-K22F for DSP.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Stephen,

About the DSP module , this is another hardware discussion ,

so in order to faster to solve and classify , could you please

take another question on this thread : Kinetis Microcontrollers

BRAlice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Stephen,

There is the SAI demo under SDK for TWR-K22f , i think you can refer to .

Which version of KSDK do you used ? For example the KSDK1.3 , the demo is

under the KSDK: KSDK_1.3.0\examples\twrk22f120m\demo_apps\sai_demo

There also one DOC introduce the I2S of kinetis2.x (the K22 chip is the kinetis 2.x , the  k60 is the kinetis 1.x),

there also have the demo code , i think this can be useful :

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4800.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=2&pageNum=1    (for kinetis 2.x)

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4520.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1 (for kinetis 1.x)

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos