Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK22FX512VMD12 vs.  MK22FX512AVMD12

Jump to solution
lsrbigfoot
Contributor III

In reference to the below link ...

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-102548

... is there a difference [in memory map] between MK22FX512VMD12 and MK22FX512AVMD12?

It appears that the table details are essentially identical between parts.

Assuming that MK22F12.h works with the MK22FX512VMD12 part, will I be able to use the same header file on MK22FX512AVMD12 without problems?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Isrbigfoot,

The header file for MK22FX512VMD12 and MK22FX512AVMD12 are not the same.

If you compare the mk22f12.h and mk22fa12.h, you will find there still have some difference, these modules memory map have difference: DMA,MCG, SPI, UART,USB.

More details, you can compare the two header files.

So, if you are using MK22FX512AVMD12, please use the mk22fa12.h

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Isrbigfoot,

The header file for MK22FX512VMD12 and MK22FX512AVMD12 are not the same.

If you compare the mk22f12.h and mk22fa12.h, you will find there still have some difference, these modules memory map have difference: DMA,MCG, SPI, UART,USB.

More details, you can compare the two header files.

So, if you are using MK22FX512AVMD12, please use the mk22fa12.h

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
lsrbigfoot
Contributor III

Thank you for response Jingjing. This makes sense.

However, I believe that I may have ran into another dilemma:

#1 The MK22 header files from MQX 4.2 SDK appear to be written differently from the MK22 header files from KSDK 1.3.

For example, one can compare the below two files and see the obvious difference in IRQ symbol declarations: <.\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\source\psp\cortex_m\cpu\MK22F51212.h>

INT_Initial_Stack_Pointer    = 0,                /**< Initial Stack Pointer */

INT_Initial_Program_Counter  = 1,                /**< Initial Program Counter */

INT_NMI                      = 2,                /**< Non-maskable Interrupt (NMI) */

INT_Hard_Fault               = 3,                /**< Hard Fault */

INT_Mem_Manage_Fault         = 4,                /**< MemManage Fault */

<.\KSDK_1.3.0\platform\devices\MK22F51212\include\MK22F51212.h>

/* Core interrupts */

NonMaskableInt_IRQn          = -14,              /**< Non Maskable Interrupt */

HardFault_IRQn               = -13,              /**< Cortex-M4 SV Hard Fault Interrupt */

MemoryManagement_IRQn        = -12,              /**< Cortex-M4 Memory Management Interrupt */

#2 So far, I found MK22FA12.h in the KSDK 1.3 library which follows the pattern in the 2nd file (IRQn symbols). However, the MQX 4.2 SDK does not appear to have an equivalent MK22FA12.h file available.

I could adjust to start using the MK22FA12.h found, but I was just wandering if another MK22FA12.h file is available with similar symbol naming convention as the 1st file.

Regards.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Isrbigfoot,

Yes, the MQX still don't heave the MK22FA12.h,   it maybe updated in the future, but the time is not determined.

Another way, you can modify the MK22F12.h, just as what I have told you, compare KSDK1.3.0 MK22FA12.h and MK22F12.h, find the difference, then modify the MQX MK22F12.h header file. Actually, there are not so many points need to modify, just care the module which I have told you.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing